- Assist pensioners in their dealings with the Delaware Office of Pensions
- Assist members in matching their skills with volunteer opportunities
- Hold a State-wide Annual meeting in the fall
- Hold County-level meetings in the spring
- Fund and administer an annual scholarship for two senior education majors
- Issue a newsletter four times per year
- Provide advice to the Pension Review Board regarding proposed changes in Delaware Pension policies
- Meet with legislators and the governor to lobby for improvement of benefits, such as reasonable increases in pensions and the continuation of our medical benefits
- Communicate with other state retired education personnel associations
Attend Zoom Meeting
To attend a DRSPA Zoom Meeting, click HERE. If you have previously installed Zoom you will be directed to the meeting. If you have not installed Zoom, you will be prompted through the install process, then directed to the meeting.
New Castle County
The next New Castle County Annual Meeting will be held on Wednesday, April 14, 2021 at the Embassy Suites, Rt. 896, Newark, DE at 9:00 am. If necessary, the meeting will be held as a web-based Zoom meeting. An invitation letter indicating the meeting status will be mailed in late February.
The next Kent/Sussex Annual Meeting will be held Thursday, May 13, 2021 at the Virden Center, Lewes, DE. The meeting will begin at 9:00 am. If necessary, the meeting will be held as a web-based Zoom meeting. An invitation letter indicating the meeting status will be mailed in late March.
Annual DRSPA Meeting
The annual meeting will be on Wednesday, October 28, 2020. The meeting will begin at 9:30 am. Because of the COVID-19 virus, the meeting will be held virtually using Zoom. An invitation letter will be mailed in early September, which will include instructions on using Zoom on a computer, ipad and phone. Click HERE to attend the Annual Meeting.
*Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view this form. Click here to download Adobe Acrobat Reader.